Our work at Carty House is made possible by the generous support of individuals and groups who contribute their time, energy, and resources to the Carty House community. You can help Carty House improve the lives of refugees in our community in a variety of ways: by making a financial donation, by donating household items, or by becoming a volunteer. Donate your time - Volunteer with us!
Carty House has an ongoing demand for household goods, clothing and furniture, to help residents as they settle here and move into their own homes. All items must be in excellent useable condition. Needed items include: beds, dressers, linens, bedding, towels, clothing, appliances, toiletries, cleaning supplies, and other basic household goods.
Carty House depends on the financial donations of individuals, groups and organizations. Your financial contributions help us to operate Carty House and support refugee claimants as they rebuild their lives in Canada.
- DONATE ONLINE: To make a secure tax deductible financial donation click on the Canada-Helps image on the sidebar.
- DONATE BY CHEQUE: To donate by cheque please make the cheque payable to Carty House and mail to:
P.O. Box 4758 STN E
Ottawa ON K1S 5H9
Receipts for tax purposes will be issued at year-end.
Carty House is seeking volunteers to participate in a variety of activities including:
- ESL tutoring and conversation
- Skill-sharing and workshop delivery
- Cultural outings and activities
- Website design
- Fundraising and resource development
- General household maintenance and repairs